Monday, December 5, 2011

Updates

Let me start by saying I plan on posting at least once a week if all goes well. I hate looking at blogs that haven't been posted to in forever and unfortunately mine is one of them.

Okay, now for updates....it's been a busy weekend for me. I got a new Kentucky Mountain Saddle Horse named Shamrock, Rocky for short. He's such a sweetheart. I don't know what it is about him, but it's like we hit it off immediately. I feel like I've known this horse all my life, we just instantly formed a bond! I haven't got to ride him yet, but I've had him out grooming him and letting him eat some of the new grass that is growing before winter kills it all.



Then, I got two new goats. I've always said I hate bottle feeding, but apparently I was wrong. I raised five goats on a bottle this year and swore I would never do it again, but I lied. Yesterday, I got two LaMancha/Saanen cross girls. They were born on November 1st and 9th so I will be bottle feeding most of the winter...AM I NUTS??? They are prescious though. I'm actually writing this while waiting on daylight so I can go give them a bottle before work.





I'm expecting several does to kid over the next few weeks so I'm sure I will have a lot more to write about soon. But as I mentioned, I will try my very best to post at least once a week, so please keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment