Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yes This Is My Bed, You Got A Problem With It?



Little Miss Chatty Kathy (Chatty) has only been on my farm for a few weeks. She's a LaMancha/Nubian cross and thinks the world revolves around her and her needs. She constantly talks (screams) when you're outside. Her motto is: If you're outside, it's time to feed me!

Well, apparently, she has to have her own special bed too. My nephew moved an aluminum tub into the barn when we first got the kittens. We kept them in it with a top over it until they got used to us before we let them out. Then they figured out they could jump and grasp the side with their tiny claws and that was it for keeping them put up. So we turned the kitties lose and they are loving barn life, but we failed to remove the tub. Therefore, Chatty assumed it was for her and now she makes it her bed every night. When I go down at 6am to milk she raises up and asks "am I having breakfast in bed this morning?" Of course my answer is always, "keep dreaming girl!" She continues to lay in the tub until I'm finished milking then she knows my next step is to feed the bottle kids. At this point, she rises, stretches, and jumps out of the tub to start her long day of grazing and lounging around. Then she starts the loud, unbearable, make you want to pull your hair out, and possibly her tongue, screaming for food. You would think she hadn't had a bite to eat since she was weaned two years ago! So, I have to relent and bow down to the queen and at her request, give all the goats a little morning grain. I'm pretty sure that if I failed to give her grain one morning that she would scream all day long and my neighbors would have me burned at the stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment